[AnimeClub] Anime Club is a very exciting place!

Vincent vlipoma at stevens.edu
Wed Oct 14 23:01:01 EDT 2009

Greetings fellow Otaku,

It is with great pleasure that I announce a whole bunch of events taking
place either at Anime Club or somewhere close by!

First, this Friday, in B118 at 9pm, we shall have our first showing of
FLAG. It's the Pokemon Snap of Mecha shows. If Pokemon Snap had
explosions, that is.

Next, on Saturday, 9pm, in Babbio 122, there will be a SUPER LANIME
COFFEE HOUSE hosted by the Computer and Console Gaming Society, WCPR,
Residence Hall Association, and of course, Anime Club. Don't know what a
LANIME is? Then here's the definition:

*Lanime: LAN⋅i⋅me*

  /ˈænəˌmeɪ/
<http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.html> Show
Spelled Pronunciation [Lah-an-i-mey] – noun: an amazing event where
people play video games while watching a Japanese style of
motion-picture animation, characterized by highly stylized, colorful
art, futuristic settings, violence, and sexuality, and also eating small
cakes of sweetened or, sometimes, unsweetened dough fried in deep fat,
typically shaped like a ring, and drinking beverages consisting of a
decoction or infusion of the roasted ground or crushed seeds (coffee
beans) of the two-seeded fruit (coffee berry) of certain coffee trees.

tldr: Eat doughnuts, watch anime, play video games, win prizes. At the
same time.

And last, on Saturday October the 31, Anime Club will be having a
costume contest in addition to its showing of Hellsing Ultimate. Win a
prize for looking cool, funny, or just plain odd.

So prepare to have an action packed October!
-Vinny, Secretary of Anime Club, Publicity Manager of C2GS, Zombie
Hunter for all of Stevens.