[AnimeClub] [Manga Club] Fall 2018: Voynich Hotel

Thu Sep 21 17:29:00 EDT 2017

Hey everyone, I hope everyone enjoyed last week's reading of Spirit
Circle!  The series received mixed responses again this meeting as well,
with the same people having differing opinions.  But that is perfectly fine
as that just means that this year we have a diverse group of people with
various tastes!  If you were not able to make the meeting and would still
like to discuss the series, feel free to start a thread in the #manga
channel of our slack, if you do not have access to the slack and would like
to join, send an email to anime at stevens.edu with the email you want to be
invited with (preferably Stevens email so we can keep track of who is who).

This week we decided to read "Voynich Hotel".  It is a rather short series
of 68 chapters with most of the chapters having less than 10 pages each so
hopefully everyone is able to read it all and be ready to discuss it next
week.  It is a great black comedy that is also very bizarre and it seems
that I was the only one who read it so I look forward to seeing how
everyone feels about it next week!

Also in addition to "Voynich Hotel" we decided to do a separate reading of
an ongoing series "Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai
Zunousen" also known as "Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Genuises' War
of Love and Brains".  It is a very funny rom-com and is highly recommended
by us seniors of the manga club (I'd like to think we have good taste).
This reading is not mandatory and is more for the people in the club who
may feel that the weekly readings are too little and would like to scratch
that manga itch.  The plan behind reading these ongoing mangas is that
during the meetings we can even start discussing ongoing manga that
everyone is reading in addition to the weekly readings of completed manga
(we would like to keep the weekly readings as completed manga for now since
it will make discussion easier).

We'll be meeting next week Wednesday, September 27 from 1PM to 2PM in the
CAL Lounge(Morton 106).  See you guys there!

P.S. We will still have snacks next week!  Though I am not sure for how
long because you guys are a bunch of vultures lol.
P.S.S. Here is the link to the Manga Recommendations.  Feel free to add
anything you would like to read in club!
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1LwQWnj4mBaJSZ9qNVi9LMFafDYHG8SFSJO9-TJ0_BgM/edit?usp=sharing

[image: Inline image 3]
Me greeting you guys next week