[ConcertBand] Please be responsible

David Zimmerman dzimmerm at stevens.edu
Mon Apr 7 11:26:40 EDT 2008

All,

First, my apologies for those in more than one group and receiving this
multiple times.

I just wanted to remind everyone to please be responsible. The staff at The
Center for the Performing Arts understands that Stevens has a rigorous
academic schedule, and there are many opportunities in both activities and
athletics outside of the classroom. We encourage students to get the most
out of their time at Stevens, and usually that means being active in a
number of different ways on campus.

By being a part of a group, whether it's the choir, one of the bands or
ensembles, athletic teams, or student organizations, that means you have a
responsibility to that organization and its functions. If you can not attend
a rehearsal, don't assume you won't be missed or the leader knows where you
are. Be responsible and let the leader of that group know what's going on -
communicate. In addition, the more time that is given, the better for
all-involved, esp. in small ensembles when the loss of one or two players
can mean the cancellation of a rehearsal.

The next few weeks hold a variety of different events for everyone on
campus. I know its easy to get caught-up in activity and ignore
communicating with those you should be in contact. I encourage you to be
responsible now, for the sake of the groups you are involved with and your
fellow members of these groups. If you can learn good communication,
responsibility, and time management skills now, it will go a long way in
your career, both personal and professional.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to all of the upcoming
performances this month!
-Dave

David Zimmerman, Executive Director
The Center for the Performing Arts
DeBaun Auditorium and Ondrick Music Room
Castle Point on Hudson, Hoboken, NJ 07030
Ph: 201-216-5111  Fax: 201-216-5514
dzimmerman at debaun.org
www.debaun.org or www.stevens.edu/performingarts