[ConcertBand] Music Room over the weekend

David Zimmerman David.Zimmerman at stevens.edu
Mon Oct 25 17:19:07 EDT 2010

I apologize to those who are on multiple lists, who will receive this email
more than once. Also, I am only really speaking to those that have
card-swipe access to the Music Room, but this is the fastest way to contact
everyone on that list.

This weekend, for the second time this semester, the Music Room was used and
seats/chairs were not put back in place and garbage was left around the
room. In addition, the Instrument Room was left open. And music stands were
missing - every week it seems 1-2 music stands start walking out of the
room, never to return. I have found a couple around the Howe Center, but
others are just gone.

Part of the agreement to have card swipe access is to leave the room AS IS -
if you move something , you move it back. You bring in something, you take
it back out with you. The instrument closets (all of them) should be locked
up after you are done using them. NOTHING should be leaving the room - not
chairs, music stands, keyboards - NOTHING.

It is important that these rules are followed every day, but weekends are
even more crucial. We don't want to start losing instruments and more music
stands, and we can't keep setting up the Music Room for rehearsals. There
are four large groups that use the room, and multiple smaller ensembles -
not to mention individuals. Everyone must cooperate to make this system work
and to keep a place students can rehearse and safely store their
instruments. Otherwise, we will have to do away with the card swipe system
all-together, or limit the access to certain times of the day/night.

-Dave

David Zimmerman
Executive Director

DeBaun Center for Performing Arts