[cs615asa] bwinfo - question about interfaces

Jan Schaumann jschauma at cs.stevens.edu
Sun Apr 19 13:54:08 EDT 2009

Chih-Yuan Lee <clee9 at stevens.edu> wrote:

> I don't think they are exactly same interfaces.

They aren't.  They are two distinct interfaces, which is why they are
listed as such (ifDescr.1 and ifDescr.2).  They happen to have the same
description.

> But it is really hard to identify them, if we want to specify one of
> them using the "-i" flag because they have the same name of interface.
>
> So I have no idea  how to fix this drawback.
> For my script, that always outputed the first one if the "-i" flag was
> specified.

That's fine.  It'd also be ok to bail out and print an error message
saying that there are multiple interfaces with the given description and
to use a numeric value to identify the interface to use.