[cs615asa] Issues with NetBSD AMI

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Sat Apr 7 13:34:20 EDT 2012

Tejas <tnadkarn at stevens.edu> wrote:
> Starting on the extra credit assignment and for some odd reason the
> ami-820fddeb we're asked to use is having problems. I've spun up 3
> different instances of th same AMI and I can't ssh into it. On AWS
> dashboard, the status checks remain on Initializing and never complete.
> Meanwhile other AMIs all seem to work fine, status checks complete and I
> can login.

By the way, if you encounter any problems like this (with any operating
system), it may be a good idea to file a bug report after you've
confirmed that the problem is not on your end.

For this particular issue, I just filed this problem report:
http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=46306

You can feel free to add additional information by sending a mail to
gnats-bugs at NetBSD.org with a subject of "Re: misc/46306"
(see http://www.netbsd.org/support/send-pr.html#appending).