[cs615asa] Solaris and bootstrap issue

Christian Robustelli crobuste at stevens.edu
Thu Feb 16 13:35:22 EST 2012

Hi all,
I'm in trouble with Solaris when I run bootstrap.

First of all , using the native pkg manager in Solaris I couldn't
find SUNWgcc or any other pkgs like SPROcc,        SPROcpl.
I installed gcc from  Blastware.org package CSWgcc3.
Running bootstrap I get this error:
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name...
configure: error: in `/usr/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/bmake/SunOS':
See `config.log' for more details.

Looking into config.log :
configure:2663: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:2685: gcc    conftest.c  >&5
conftest.c:9:19: fatal error: stdio.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
configure:2689: $? = 1
configure:2726: result:
configure: failed program was:
I think the problem is the missing stdio.h , but I cannot find any pkg with
that library.

Any idea guys ??

Thanks,
Christian