[cs615asa] About HW6

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Sun May 6 20:49:19 EDT 2018

Matthew Gomez <mgomez1 at stevens.edu> wrote:
> ?You may use code you find on the internet if and only if you
> explicitly note which parts are not your own and the code in question
> is licensed such that you can use it in this manner.?

Yes, this holds for e.g. libraries and trivial code snippets etc. but
perhaps I should revise the assignment to exclude this; if you need to
ask "how much" you may use that was not written by you, then chances are
you are going down the wrong path.

There are no hidden secrets and the assignment is not intended to trick
you; it's intended for you to (learn to) write the code in question
yourself.  The very best way to do that is to... write the code
yourself.