[cs615asa] lecture 02 slides

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Mon Feb 4 23:31:30 EST 2019

Here are the slides from tonight's lecture:
https://stevens.netmeister.org/615/slides/lecture02.pdf

We'll pick this up next week.

In the mean time, I recommend you revisit HW1 and the recommended
exercise:
https://stevens.netmeister.org/615/filesystems-exercise.html

Here is the trivial little program I used to quickly create lots of
files:
https://stevens.netmeister.org/615/mkfiles.c

You can think about how to extend this to become a more useful
benchmarking tool able to create deep and flat hierarchies etc.

Lastly, for the next class, teams should submit a relevant link to
either file systems (i.e., above the storage device layer) or to the
concepts surrounding software installation.  The slides currently listed
for lecture 03 will obviously be updated, but we will certainly cover at
least parts of that topic.