[cs615asa] HW2 Required Arguments

Mark Freeman mfreema1 at stevens.edu
Mon Feb 17 17:47:30 EST 2020

Hi David,

Concerning your second point -- I did not think that was too unreasonable,
as the NetBSD 7.0 images are available in a pretty wide variety of
regions.  I just kept a mapping of region to AMI at the top of my source.

In other regions, this obviously breaks down, as you will not have a valid
AMI to employ.  For that, I thought about generating an EC2 instance in a
dummy region, say us-east-1 and then snapshotting the volume to be
transferred over to the user's actual region.  However, I am not sure if
our first iteration needs to be this sophisticated.

I am not sure about the first point -- will wait for Prof. Schaumann to
chime in on that.

Thanks!
Mark