[cs631apue] Final template code question

Rob Hoffmann rhoffman at stevens.edu
Wed Nov 9 22:44:41 EST 2011

I did notice __sws_debug, but in the sample it is used in swslib.c. From
what I understand I need to be able to read it in main.c in order to
limit the connections that are accepted in mainloop. So for example, in
main.c I have:

if (__sws_debug == 1)
                 max_connections = 1;
         else
                 max_connections = 10;

But gcc will error with
main.c:62:6: error: â__sws_debugâ undeclared (first use in this function)

Since __sws_debug is declared in the source file.

Sorry if I'm missing something really obvious.

-Rob