[cs631apue] Final template code question

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Wed Nov 9 22:13:11 EST 2011

Rob Hoffmann <rhoffman at stevens.edu> wrote:

> Would it be alright if I was to either pass the options to the mainloop
> or make it a global variable, or move the sws globals from swslib.c to
> the header file?

The struct swsopts is passed to sws_init(), which can set "globals" in
the "library" (as the sample implementation does).

The example provided then makes use of the __sws_debug variable to
identify whether or not it's running in debug mode or not.

So unless I messed up the example (which is of course entirely
possible), you should be able to pass information via sws_init
sufficiently.