[cs631apue] hw4 question

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Sat Nov 12 12:46:12 EST 2011

afonsec1 <afonsec1 at stevens.edu> wrote:

> 	1. Do we need to support command options functionalities for hw4 like
> execution of CGI's?

Yes, your setup should be complete and parse all required command-line
options and set up / initialize whatever makes sense to do so within the
main program.

> 	2. Since sws is a server, I don't understand what address should be
> giving with comand -i... isn't the server address , ipv4 or ipv6, the
> localhost one?

A host can have multiple IP addresses (both multiple IPv4 and/or IPv6
addresses).  If you wish to specify a specific address to listen on,
you'd use this option.

> 	3. What is the backlog size?

That is for you to decide.