[cs631apue] getbsize(3)

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Thu Oct 4 13:38:03 EDT 2012

tparisi <tparisi at stevens.edu> wrote:

> The Man page lists getbsize(3) as a function to get the blocksize
> environment variable. However, it only seems to be available in Unix and
> is not in the bsd/stdlib.h as the man pages on the internet say that it
> is.  How can we still use this?

You can't, I'm afraid.  It's unfortunate that Linux does not implement
this function.  Instead, use getenv(3) as you would for any other
environment variable.

-Jan

P.S.: "Unix" or "unix-like" is a generic term for all of these systems.
In this case there is a distinction between the BSD family of Unix
versions and Linux, but one wouldn't say that it's only "available in
Unix, but not in Linux".