[cs631apue] [CS631] -c,u,t,l Flags

tparisi tparisi at stevens.edu
Fri Oct 5 08:46:00 EDT 2012

Hi Professor,
I have a quick question about the flags c,u,t and l.  If just the c
flag is specified, is our ls supposed to sort the file listing or does
it only sort if the -t flag is specified? Also when the "l" flag is
specified with the "c" flag, only the time is changed to to the access
time but the output is not sorted based on the access time.  However if
the "-ctl" flags are specified then the long listing format is sorted by
the access time.  Am I correct in thinking this?
Thanks,
Tom Parisi