[cs631apue] How to edit git pushed file at cs63apue.netmeister.org?

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Sat Nov 14 20:35:43 EST 2015

Shenghan Gao <sgao9 at stevens.edu> wrote:

> Does anyone know where to find the file we had pushed at
> cs631apue.netmeister.org:/usr/local/apue/sigsegv?

You should not edit any files under /usr/local/apue.  This is where the
git repository lives.  Making manual changes will very likely compromise
the repository and lead to data loss.

Instead, you should check out the repository (via 'git clone'), make
changes in your local copy, commit them there and, when ready, push them
back into the master.

https://www.cs.stevens.edu/~jschauma/631/git.html should have sufficient
information to get you started; using your favorite search engine or the
help of your team mates to better understand how git works would also be
advised.