[cs631apue] Memory Errors

Patrick Murray pmurray1 at stevens.edu
Fri Oct 16 22:40:34 EDT 2015

How would you recommend we approach memory related errors? I have been
experiencing the following two errors in particular:

   1. free(): invalid next size (normal)
   2. munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer

Instead of using malloc, I've switched to calloc to initialize the memory
to zero. Additionally, I've attempted to free up memory when no longer
needed. However, these errors still persist. I've tried to use valgrind and
gdb to debug their causes but am a little overwhelmed by their outputs (the
errors only occur when traversing a large number of entires, think "/"
recursively)

-Pat