[cs631apue] Missing chown?

Andrew Chen achen8 at stevens.edu
Sun Oct 13 18:19:57 EDT 2019

Hey everyone,

I noticed that for some reason, I don't have the `chown` command installed
on my system.

I'm trying to get the sources for the C library as described here:
https://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-fetch.html but I don't have
`chown`.

Does anyone have an idea for how I might go about getting chown?

I've tried to install the remote packages available to my system:
1. p5-Lchown-1.01nb9    Perl5 module interface to the lchown() system call
2. heirloom-chown-070715 = Collection of standard Unix utilities (chown)

but neither of them gave me the shell command for chown.

I have access to its man page, but no command from what I can see in
/usr/bin.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone!