[cs631apue] Test Cases and C Vulnerabilities

Charles Magyar IV cmagyar at stevens.edu
Wed Sep 2 09:19:46 EDT 2020

Hi,

>From my quick research, it looks like gcc has a flag to detect stack smashing, which may be default.  After work I'll try to reproduce the issue shown in the first link below and get back to you.

The third link has some stuff about string manipulation and other attacks.  You may find it interesting, although you might already be familiar with most of it.

I'm quite interested in learning security as well, so if you find anything cool or have good references please share!

Cheers,
Charles

https://www.thegeekstuff.com/2013/02/stack-smashing-attacks-gcc/

https://wiki.osdev.org/Stack_Smashing_Protector