[cs631apue] reminders

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Fri Nov 12 12:00:55 EST 2021

Hello,

Some of you asked for example invocations for your web
server.  I've just added a section to the reference
manual page, which now reads:

In order to test sws, you may wish to compare to e.g.,
bozohttpd(8).  For this, let us start bozohttpd(8) in
the background (-b), listen on port 8080 (-I 8080),
enable user translation using the "sws" directory name
(-u -p sws), enable CGI execution from the "cgi-bin"
directory (-c cgi-bin) under the document root, and
serve data from the directory "doc- root":

    /usr/libexec/httpd -b -I 8080 -X -u -p sws -c cgi-bin docroot

The equivalent invocation for sws to run side-by-side
on port 8081 would then be:

    sws -p 8081 -c cgi-bin docroot

To create a useful docroot to test, you can use this
script:

https://stevens.netmeister.org/631/make-swsdirs

Other than that, here are your reminders for this
week:

1) Your project has a snapshot due on Monday by 4pm.
2) We'll meet in person on Monday.
3) The weekly checkpoint for this week is here:
   https://stevens.netmeister.org/cgi-bin/631-11.cgi

And please make sure to ask questions or seek
clarifications.