[FAST] Philippine Independence Day Parade

Isagani D. Puertollano ipuertol at stevens.edu
Wed May 14 00:03:43 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

I hope you're all enjoying summer break - or whatever you're doing now.  As
I may have stated before, the Philippine Independence Day Committee Inc.
(PIDCI) is holding the annual Philippine Independence Day Parade in New York
City.  It's really cool!  Y'all should go!  It's on June 1 at Madison Avenue
in New York City from 41st Street to 23rd Street.  That's like 2~3 weeks
from now!

Anyways, I'm looking for 10 volunteers who're willing to help on a float
for/with me during this year's parade.  All you really need to do is show
up, probably wear a plain white t-shirt, and hop onto the float with
whatever else the old Filipina ladies tell you to wear.  It's pretty
straightforward!  I don't have all the details right now, but I probably
will in a week's time.  We did something like this last year, and it went
pretty well.  I'm under the impression last year's group all had a fun time
doing it.  If you are coming to the parade and wouldn't mind helping out,
please do give me a call.  I would really appreciate it.  We can probably
have our own FAST float.again!!!  Also, if you do help out - I can more than
likely hook you up with free food.  Thanks!

Oh, and in case you're worried about not being Filipino, or not even looking
remotely Filipino, don't worry about it!  Everyone is welcome to come help
out.  You don't need black hair, brown skin, Chinese eyes or even buck teeth
to celebrate an independence day. Anyways, freedom is supposed to be a
universal thing, right?

Hope to see you there!

Love,
Izzy