[genderstudies] Fwd: [COUNTERPUBLIC] Join queer Asians in New Year: Sun. 2/17

Cgrilo cgrilo at stevens.edu
Mon Feb 4 14:50:49 EST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Todd <toddeaton at optonline.net>
Date: Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Subject: [COUNTERPUBLIC] Join queer Asians in New Year: Sun. 2/17
To: *NYPROTEST EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT LISTSERV* <NYPROTEST at lists.riseup.net>
Cc: rha at lists.riseup.net, counterpublicnyc at googlegroups.com,
thequeercommons at googlegroups.com, sarahjenny at gmail.com,
tara.tabassi at gmail.com

Lunar New Year for All 2013 will mark our 4th year marching in the
Lunar New Year parade. Help us continue the tradition by joining Lunar
New Year for All on Sunday, Feb. 17 to celebrate the Year of the
Snake.

WHY WE MARCH ---We march because homophobia, transphobia and
discrimination still exist in Asian Pacific Islander (API)
communities.  We march for the grandmas, grandpas, aunties, uncles,
mothers, fathers, siblings, cousins and all other family members in
our community who love and accept us for who we are.  And we march to
honor all of the different kinds of families that exist in our
community.

1.) JOIN US ---
When?  Sunday, February 17
Where?  We will meet at Project Reach on 39 Eldridge Street [cross
street, directions, map at bottom of msg.] before the parade and walk
over to our designated area. (Project Reach is wheel-chair accessible)
What time?  TBD
After the march, we will have an after-party at Project Reach.
Lunar New Year for All is
open to all, particularly LGBTQ APIs and family members.
lunarnewyearforall at gmail.com http://gapimny.org

2.) HELP US ---  Come to our Info. Session/Prep Party on Tuesday, Feb
12 from 7:00 - 9:00 PM at Project Reach - This will include a
presentation on API Equality’s research on how to talk about LGBT
issues to Chinese people of different generations.   Food will be
available.
RSVP [?] on Facebook, “Like us” and share the event with friends -
Here’s the link.
Volunteer - We need people to help organize the after-party; hold
banners, signs and a giant stuffed snake; outreach and publicity;
translate materials.  E-mail us at lunarnewyearforall at gmail.com to
volunteer.

And lastly, invite your family members to participate!  And let us
know that they are coming by emailing us at
lunarnewyearforall at gmail.com .

Visit our website at http://www.lunarnewyearforall.org
                 ::::

Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 17:59:54 +0000
From: GAPIMNY <gapimny at gapimny.org>
 Speed Dating -RSVP by Thurs 2/7 | Sunday Brunch | Lunar New Year for All

Happy February!

Speed Dating, Sat 2/9.  RSVP by Thursday, 2/7/13
Sunday Brunch, 2/10
Lunar New Year For All, Sun 2/17

Speed Dating
Sunday Brunch
You are invited to join GAPIMNY for some some tasty Thai food, divine
drinks, and dazzling decor at V{iv}.
Where: V{iv} Thai, 717 9th Ave (B/n 48th and 49th St)
When:  Sunday, February 10, 2013, 1:00pm
RSVP:  Please email rsvp at gapimny.org by midnight, Friday, February 8th.
All friends of GAPIMNY are welcome.  Hope to see you there!

Lunar New Year for All
2013 will mark our 4th year marching in the Lunar New Year parade.
Help us continue the tradition by joining Lunar New Year for All on
Sunday, Feb. 17th to celebrate the Year of the Snake.

WHY WE MARCH ---We march because homophobia, transphobia and
discrimination still exist in Asian Pacific Islander (API)
communities.  We march for the grandmas, grandpas, aunties, uncles,
mothers, fathers, siblings, cousins and all other family members in
our community who love and accept us for who we are.  And we march to
honor all of the different kinds of families that exist in our
community.

JOIN US ---
When?  Sunday, February 17th.
Where?  We will meet at Project Reach on 39 Eldridge Street before the
parade and walk over to our designated area. (Project Reach is
wheel-chair accessible)
What time?  TBD

After the march, we will have an after-party at Project Reach.

Lunar New Year for All is open to all, particularly LGBTQ APIs and
family members.

HELP US ---

Come to our Info. Session/Prep Party on Tuesday, Feb 12 from 7-9 PM at
Project Reach - This will include a presentation on API Equality’s
research on how to talk about LGBT issues to Chinese people of
different generations.   Food will be available.
RSVP on Facebook, “Like us” and share the event with friends -  Here’s the link.
Volunteer - We need people to help organize the after-party; hold
banners, signs and a giant stuffed snake; outreach and publicity;
translate materials.  E-mail us at lunarnewyearforall at gmail.com to
volunteer.

And lastly, invite your family members to participate!  And let us
know that they are coming by emailing us at
lunarnewyearforall at gmail.com.

Visit our website at http://www.lunarnewyearforall.org

GAPIMNY.org | @GAPIMNYorg | Facebook

Become a Member/Supporter!

GAPIMNY · PO Box 1608 · Old Chelsea Station · New York, New York 10113

     =   =   =
     =   =   =
     =   =   =

Please e-mail any NYC left event announcements to thousands at:

         nyprotest at lists.riseup.net

No subscription needed.  Where possible, please no file attachments.
Send using TO: (not BCC:).  Announcements of any in-person events that
are primarily about struggle for progressive or revolutionary social
change will be approved for distribution promptly.

Read more event announcements at:
< http://snipurl.com/nyprotest>
< http://nycal.mayfirst.org>
< http://nyc.indymedia.org>

Please.  We urgently need some sort of sustainable, collectively run
system for communicating event announcements between NYC left factions
and groups with at least a bit of thoroughness.  Help figure out how
to do that.

***TO UNSUBSCRIBE from NYPROTEST listserv***
click & send any msg to:
or visit:
< https://lists.riseup.net/www/arc/nyprotest>

POST: counterpublicnyc at googlegroups.com
MANAGE EMAILS: http://groups.google.com/group/counterpublicnyc
FACEBOOK PAGE: facebook.com/counterpubliccollective
FACEBOOK FRIEND: facebook.com/counterpublic

---
Groups "Counterpublic NYC" group.
an email to counterpublicnyc+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com.