[Sgdc] SGDC and C2GS massive game dev/lan event, April 19th THAT STARTS AT 2PM NOW OK

John Gillespie jgillesp at stevens.edu
Thu Apr 10 17:47:06 EDT 2008

One important announcement:
Before we said the event would start at 1pm.   We lied.  It starts at 2, so
everything is just pushed back one hour.

C2GS and SGDC are co-hosting a massive event Saturday, April 19th in Babbio
122, starting at 2 and ending sometime sunday morning.

Part One:

>From 2-5pm, hang out with developers from the International Game Developers
Association.  Kaos Studios is bringing several producers and programmers to
Stevens to discuss their new game, Frontlines: Fuel of War.  Here's the
schedule for that:
*The Agenda*:
2:00 - 2:30 - Catered Lunch, Discussion, General Mingling
2:30 - 3:00 - Introduction and featured presentation
3:00 - 4:00 - Open Gameplay
4:00 - 5:00 - Panel Discussion and Q&A

*The Panelists*:
Keith Alexander, UI Artist - Kaos Studios
Dennis Allard Crow, Associate Producer/QA Lead - Kaos Studios
CJ Kershner, Quality Assurance Tester - Kaos Studios
Edmar Mendizabal, Associate Producer/Legal Eagle - Kaos Studios
Dex Smither, Associate Producer - Kaos Studios

There will be pizza and assorted refreshments.  In addition, Kaos studios
will be handing out free copies of Frontlines to attendees.  Make sure to
bring your computers for the open gameplay portion.

Part Two:

>From 5pm till 7am sunday morning, C2GS is hosting its not-quite-boken LAN.
 More food will be available and cases of bawls have been sighted in the
vicinity of Babbio.  Brawl, Rock Band, TF2, warcraft, a bunch of other games
Stehlik is buying, and probably the japanese games we got for CPAC will be
played.  We are also settling catan, as C2GS bought more board games.

*In conclusion,*

So just don't plan on doing anything useful that weekend, as we've taken
care of that.  Also, I need wood for sheep, anyone.  Please.

- Dizzy