[Sgdc] CS 543: Principles of Computer Mediated Entertainment

Andrew Grapsas aagrapsas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 15:51:54 EDT 2012

Come one, come all!

I *juuuust* got asked to teach CS 542 on Friday nights. If you need it for
your masters degree, are interested in game development, social networks,
cloud computing, pervasive computing (mobile, web, ...mobile web) and want
to hone your code skills, sign on up! FYI, in case you've heard about how
much code I make my students normally write, CS 542 will be a more relaxed
environment with a lot of in-class conversations, whiteboarding, and
interaction.

For those that don't know me, I teach CS 587 (Game Engine Architecture)
normally. I was a tools/systems programmer on Medal of Honor at EA, a
gameplay programmer on Homefront at THQ, have launched about 1/2 dozen
Facebook games, and have worked on a few mobile games, as well, and am now
a senior game engineer at a venture backed start up specializing in mobile.

If you're into gaming, there'll be ample space within the class to work on
a mobile or web project (and a game would fit right in).

Let me know if you have any questions!

~ Andrew
Founder, SGDC
Class of '09