[Sgdc] Meeting Recap

Kenneth Goff kgoff at stevens.edu
Fri Aug 31 09:37:11 EDT 2012

I declare the new meeting time of WEDNESDAYS! (@ 9:00pm).

For those who missed Wednesday night's meeting, we talked about simple
beginning of the semester stuff.

3 Events this Semester:
SGDC Game Jam (TBD)
Playtesting Session (TBD)
Ludum Dare 25 (December)

We want to bring in industry pros to talk about stuff. Programmers,
artists, designers, sound, whatever.

Also, this should be obvious, but we need to make more games. So if you're
not currently working on a project, or want another project, in the next
two or three weeks, get together with people in the club and get started.
I'll talk about this more next week.

Room Hours:
Tuesday Nights with Dan (every other week, more info soon).
Wednesday 9:00pm-whevever (Weekly Meeting duh.).
Sunday Afternoon/Evening with Me (assuming I have weekend Burchard and
Linux Lab access).

Crash Courses/Tutorials:
Brought this up briefly, but basically shorter term classes. Maybe 2 hours
a week for 3 weeks or something in C#/XNA development. Dunno yet, we'll
talk more specifics on this next week too.

Blogs/Resources:
http://www.gamasutra.com/ (Industry Everything)
http://indiegames.com/index.html (Indie Game stuff because you all should
know by now I'm biased towards the indie community)
http://www.gamecareerguide.com/ (Self explanitory...)
http://www.pixelprospector.com/indie-resources/ (Says Indie but its just a
generally amazing resource of like everything game dev)

*TL;DR: *Read the email, jerk, no shortcuts.

Make Games,
Kenny