[SGDC] Game Jam Rules & Schedule

Kenny Goff goff.kenneth at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 11:00:21 EST 2013

*TL;DR: No tl;dr! Read this if you plan to compete. Sorry its a lot of
info. If you don't plan to compete, then just don't, I guess...*

The theme for the Game Jam will be announced at 8:00pm tonight, Friday,
November 22. You are not to write any code, art any art, or compose any
music or sounds before then. All assets of the game must be made from
scratch. You have until 8:00pm on Sunday, November 24 to complete it.

You may use an existing code base, as long as does not include gameplay
code and is available to all participants. For example, using an engine
like Unity is allowed. Using a generic physics or graphics library/code you
wrote is allowed. Using code for a portal gun you made for a specific other
game is NOT allowed. Teams are allowed. However, it is recommended not to
exceed 3 people.

Submit the game by emailing sgdc at stevens.edu with your submission. This can
be a zip file, link to a web page, etc. Please include setup instructions
if there are any.

There will be 3 judges. Myself and two undisclosed (because I haven't
decided) others. We will judge your game on the following categories:
Overall, Innovation, Theme, Fun, Graphics/Audio, Technical. The winners
will be decided on an average of all the categories.

There are prizes (Visa Gift Cards): 1st Place is $50, 2nd is $25, 3rd is
$10.

Following is the schedule for when the Linux Lab will be open. This could
change slightly. So check your email if you plan on coming in. An E-Board
member will keep an email thread updated with whether or not the room is
open. Email the contact listed below if you get locked out. *REMINDER: You
don't *have* to be in the Linux Lab to compete, but we will have it open
for those who would like*

*SCHEDULE (LINUX LAB)*
Friday:
7:00pm - 1am (contact Vinnie at vsimonet at stevens.edu)