[SGDC] Virtual Weekend Gamejam

Kevin Quigley kquigley at stevens.edu
Sat Aug 2 14:25:44 EDT 2014

Hello SGDC!

I apologize for the late notice and lack of communication throughout this
summer, there were some minor issues transitioning the e-board on the
mailing list and such.  Additionally, I personally have been busy. Anyway,
hopefully you are all enjoying your summers and have been working on some
awesome new games and projects to display in a few weeks upon our return to
school.

THIS IS THE INTERESTING THING:
Next weekend, Friday 7/8/14 to Sunday 7/10/14, SGDC will be hosting a
VIRTUAL GAMEJAM (in the spirit of getting back into things and such)! New
members are welcome, tell your friends!  At 8 pm next Friday I will be
sending an email with the "secret theme" for the jam and also be starting a
Google Hangout that will be live throughout the entire weekend.  It should
be noted that I will NOT be at my computer for this entire time but will
leave the call running. If you wish to participate in the call (which you
should because it is the social element of the event), then simply email
the alias, SGDC at stevens.edu, and request that someone add you.  If you are
not currently part of the Facebook group, then join it at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/433857053307661/ so that we can share our
finished projects.

Rules:
Submissions will be due Sunday at 6 pm. There are only nominal prizes, no
gift cards for this one :(
To submit a game, email the best method of playing it to SGDC at stevens.edu
All assets (source code, art, music, etc.) should be new and original but
if you wish to borrow one or two minor assets (a sound effect, background
music, etc) it's understandable.  It's no fun if you use too many
unoriginal assets though.

Enjoy the rest of your summers and I hope to see some of you via Google
next weekend!

-Kevin Quigley
SGDC President