[SGDC] Learn Jam Wrap-up

Kevin Quigley kquigley at stevens.edu
Sun Oct 26 04:44:08 EDT 2014

Hello SGDC,
To those who came to the Learn Jam today (yesterday?), thanks for coming
out and I hope you had a lot of fun. We had an amazing turnout and the
teacher's and TAs all did an excellent job.  Special thanks to Brian
Intile, James Romph, Josh Phillips, Graham Howard, Frank DiCola, Jason
Gardella, Matt Lagarene, Alex Thieke, Robyn Verrill and Adam Gincel for
helping by teaching the courses and ensure a successful event.  We had a
lot of club participation and even greater non-club member participation.
I know I personally had a lot of fun and I learned a lot from the other
courses.  A lot went into making this event successful and I just want to
once again thank everyone who contributed. Now, before I have the chance to
say "a lot" again, the point of this email:

Some of you have requested a copy of the curriculum for one or more
courses.  While unfortunately the Blender course and FL Studio course do
not really have any material to send due to the nature of the lessons, the
GameMaker curriculum and Unity Game are available. I have attached two
zips:

One contains the GameMaker Assets Pack which includes an instructions PDF
and all the assets needed to use those instructions accordingly, including
the install file for GM and a finished project to compare to if you get
lost.  There is one change to the pdf curriculum, in step 7.f.xvii it
should say "y" instead of "x".  This zip can also be downloaded at
bit.do/LJGM2014.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5hkX3lT9Ze6X0xLaVVkNlhfOE0/view?usp=sharing

The other contains the finished product of the Unity curriculum.  While
there is no guide to go with it, feel free to go through and explore and
try to teach yourself by figuring out what everything does. There is also
plenty of online tutorials and documentation material for Unity online if
you would like to use those as a guide to follow the attached game.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5hkX3lT9Ze6NWFnNzZBQnFQZ0E/view?usp=sharing

Hope everyone had a great time at LearnJam, see you Tuesday!
-Kevin Quigley
SGDC President

PS. Jacobus Games due Tuesday.