[SGDC] Meeting Summary

Kevin Quigley kquigley at stevens.edu
Tue Oct 28 22:42:01 EDT 2014

Hello SGDC,
I'm glad we had our stumble through with the Jacobus games tonight to kind
of see where we stand. Overall, we learned a lot and I think everyone knows
where they stand.  Do not let the passing of tonight's deadline slow you
down, we still have to make significant progress each week as the machine
will be unveiled sooner than you may think.  Below is the long list of
announcements I promised to send out:

   -

   Paid Internship with inGenius Prep
   -

      Html, CSS, PHP, JavaScript, Java, jQuery, Ajax, MySQL, Database
      management, integrations using API's and WebHooks (itduzzit,
zapier, IFTTT,
      etc.), Ruby on Rails, versioning, AWS, organized and efficient
bug testing.
      -

      For more info, email the alias sgdc at stevens.edu
      -

   House Keeping
   -

      Designing T-shirts for next semester
      -

         Feel free to submit to SGDC at stevens.edu over the next couple weeks
         -

      Need a new club logo for the banner, Jacobus, and the future (asap,
      Frank will be sending one tomorrow and if it's good we're using it)
      -

      Club voted: We will be having a Board Game Jam during one of our
      weekly meetings, probably on 11/18/14
      -

   RAGE
   -

      Need web-compatible score-based games NOW
      -

      Game Jam 2
      -

   RAGE Game Jam
   -

      11/10 at 5 pm to 11/14 at 8 pm
      -

      Showcase at super epic lan on 11/15
      -

      Need posters (ASAP, FIRST COME FIRST SERVE)
      -

      Table Sitters
      <https://docs.google.com/a/stevens.edu/spreadsheets/d/16OcCZj5UMDQP7YJVmGwiOblzRndSulo0QvJPh4GmkZg/edit#gid=0>
      -

      Need an 800 pixel wide by 200 pixel tall teaser banner for RAGE
site before
      Friday, doesn't need to be super informative just "SGDC RAGES Game
      Jam, opens 11/10" or something
      -

   Jacobus
   -

      To schedule a time slot to test your game on the machine, email
      kquigley at stevens.edu a few days in advanced
      -

   Jason's Business
   -

      CS Club - to join email pgrasso at stevens.edu or jgardell at stevens.edu
      saying so (Meeting this Thursday at 9 pm in BC 308)
      -

      Website needs serious work.  If no one volunteers Quigley is gonna do
      it. As motive, feel free to visit
      http://ugstudentlife.stevens.edu/org/sgdc/home

   -Kevin Quigley
   SGDC President