[SGDC] Tonight's Meeting and Future

Kevin Quigley kquigley at stevens.edu
Wed Sep 10 00:50:54 EDT 2014

Hello SGDC!
Firstly, thanks to all who came to our first meeting of the semester.  We
had a fantastic turnout and we got a lot done. I know this first meeting
was a little intense, but I really appreciate everyone's cooperation as we
launched The Jacobus Project. This is a huge project and organization
throughout the process is vital.  Also, I apologize to those who sent
emails saying they were locked out, I was busy organizing the meeting and
did not have my email open. I will attempt to amend the apparent door
locking situation asap. Also, if you missed this meeting it's not the end
of the world just come next week and we'll help catch you up. The rest of
this email will recap things from tonight and be in sections so it's less
tedious.

*Meeting Minutes from 9/9/14 (recorded by your amazing Secretary Jason
Gardella)*
 are here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZejDrpxKDBhjLw8DKSyybBlQYOW0VVZafazQtoqNwv4/

*The Jacobus Project*
We will have standards (ie resolution, OS, available hardware, etc)
available at next week's meeting.  Project Managers, expect an email from
me sometime soon.  It will then be your jobs to communicate with your team
and report back to me. October 24 is the soft due date.

*Next Meeting *
Is next week, 9/16/14 at 9 pm in Lieb 318.  I may try to book a larger
room, you will be notified as soon as I know.  BRING A CHARGED LAPTOP.

*First Game Jam *
Will be 48 hours long, from 9/26/14 to 9/28/14.  Details to come as event
gets closer, mark your calendars.

*Semester Outline*
Game Jam 1, Learn Jame, Game Jam 2, Showcase

*Final Announcement for non-SGDC Showcase on 9/30/14*
I've mentioned before, here's a facebook event. If you're interested and
have a nearly developed game, register and it'll be fun.
https://www.facebook.com/events/687407148012943/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

*Like Our Facebook Page *
https://www.facebook.com/groups/433857053307661/946347012058660/?notif_t=group_activity

Thank you again for your cooperation, this project is going to be a lot of
fun and I'm very excited for us to dive into some game development! See you
all next week! As always, feel free to email the alias SGDC at stevens.edu
with questions or concerns.

-Kevin Quigley
SGDC President