[SGDC] Meeting Summary

Kevin Quigley kquigley at stevens.edu
Wed Sep 16 01:09:19 EDT 2015

Hello SGDC,
As those who attended know, we had a very fun, very full and very
successful intro GBM this evening. A special thanks to Alumni Rep. Frank
DiCola for teaching a well-planned Unity tour! Similarly, thank you so much
to everyone who came out tonight! I apologize that it was a little crowded
this evening, I will make sure to secure a larger space if the crowding
issue persists. With plenty of new faces and a fair amount of old ones, the
semester is looking bright. That said, we covered a lot of major
announcements tonight, so below is the meeting summary and I do ask you
read it thoroughly so that you are totally aware of everything that's going
on.

   -

   Reminders:
   -

      Meeting format overview
      -

         Announcements
         -

         Productivity
         -

      Facebook Group <https://www.facebook.com/groups/433857053307661/>
      -

      Follow on Twitter <https://twitter.com/stevensgdc>
      -

      General Body Folder
      <https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5hkX3lT9Ze6fnZZc2JYZm9JaXg2b0Y5QkRPU2V0TmJrdy1xclVYR2xiY2FSZ0hZR1VYbkU>
      -

         Logo, Constitution, Bylaws, etc.
         -

         Request Access Here
         <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1grUCoOACImTPvLsvS6DkjwqNVzFYyOmVm41fob96Ox8/edit#gid=0>
         -

      Google Play Store License - submit games
      -

      Equipment Sign-out Rules
      -

         Standard - most equipment
         -

         High-Valued - equipment over $100
         -

         Special - equipment which requires separate rules
         -

      Anyone can make a Jacobus Arcade Machine (JAM) game at any time
      -

   E-board
   -

      President - Kevin Quigley
      -

      Vice President - Adam Gincel
      -

      Treasurer - Alex Massenzio
      -

      *Secretary - Robyn Verrill (congratulations on winning tonight's
      election!)*
      -

   Minor Board
   -

      Cabinet Manager - James Romph
      -

      Alumni Representative - Frank DiCola
      -

   Budgeted Events
   -

      *Game Jam V - 9/18 - 9/20*
      -

      Learn Jam III - 10/10
      -

      Game Jam VI - 11/6 - 11/13
      -

      Guest Speaker - ?
      -

      Showcase - 12/4
      -

   Other events
   -

      RAGE Board Game Jam - 9/28 to 10/2
      -

      Intercollegiate Conference

As some of you may have noticed, *Game Jam V is scheduled for this Friday,
9/18. The opening ceremony will begin at 7 pm in Lieb 318* with a
description of the rules, an announcement of the theme, and *free snacks
and pizza!* *If you cannot attend, the rules and theme will also be sent
out via email and on Facebook*.* Submissions will be due Sunday at 7 pm* at
which point voting will open.  *Whether you have tons of experience or no
experience in game dev, this first event is a great way to learn and get
involved.* You can work in teams or alone, so don't be shy about coming and
meeting new people either. If you have any questions at any point, feel
free to contact us at sgdc at stevens.edu or reach out to me personally at
kquigley at stevens.edu. See you all Friday!

-Kevin Quigley
SGDC President