[SGDC] Meeting and Jam Summary

Kevin Quigley kquigley at stevens.edu
Tue Sep 22 22:50:58 EDT 2015

Hello SGDC,
We had an awesome meeting tonight with jam voting, game showcasing, and a
UE4 tour! Our next meeting will be next Tuesday at 9 pm and will feature a
Blender tour (download for free here <https://www.blender.org/download/>),
but before then we will have the opening ceremony for our *RAGE Board Game
Jam Sunday, 9/27/15 at 9 pm in Lieb 318. Make sure you're on the FB page
for this, the doors will be locked and you will need to communicate to be
let in. *If you don't have Facebook, feel free to email me. Below are the
results of Game Jam V, with the consideration that no game can win multiple
awards:

   -

   First place: Interstellar Tournament by James Romph
   -

   Second place: Aggressive Expansion by Adam Gincel and Kevin Quigley
   -

   Best Art: Empirical Expansion by Robyn Verrill
   -

   Best Gameplay: Overgrowth by Max Melo
   -

   Best Glitch: Pop by Richard Kopelow

Congratulations to the all the winners of the jam! Here are the remainder
of the important announcements.

   - Join the Facebook Group
   <https://www.facebook.com/groups/433857053307661/>
   - General Body Folder
   <https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5hkX3lT9Ze6fnZZc2JYZm9JaXg2b0Y5QkRPU2V0TmJrdy1xclVYR2xiY2FSZ0hZR1VYbkU>
   - Logo, Constitution, Bylaws, Jam submissions etc.
      - Request Access Here
      <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1grUCoOACImTPvLsvS6DkjwqNVzFYyOmVm41fob96Ox8/edit#gid=0>
      - Budgeted Events

   - Learn Jam III - 10/10 starting at 10 am
         - Unity 5
         - Unreal Engine 4
         - GameMaker Studio
         - Blender
      - Game Jam VI - 11/6 - 11/13
      - Guest Speaker - ?
      - Showcase - 12/4

Thanks to everyone who came out tonight and competed in the jam! See you
all Sunday!

-Kevin Quigley
SGDC President