[SGDC] Winter Jam! Happy Holidays!

Adam Gincel adam.gincel at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 00:00:07 EST 2016

Happy Holidays to everyone! (Loving the Christmas-Hanukkah overlap)

In case you missed the memo, Winter Jam is live and ready to go! Here are
some important notes:

   - An itch.io Jam page has been set up. Find it at *http://sgdc.ml/wj
   <http://sgdc.ml/wj>*
      - Submit your games there early! I'd love to get a rough estimate of
      how many participants we'll have.

   - The theme is *One Input*, and there are no asset restrictions.
      - *(Though, be careful, as we recently had someone's Jam submission
      DMCA'd for using Nintendo IP)*

   - I've set the deadline for *the first meeting of next semester, on *
   *1/24/17*.
   - Originally we had talked about it being the second meeting. School
      starts on a Wednesday this upcoming semester, so waiting 13 days into the
      semester to start anything felt too long for me.
         - We have a lot of cool events and a great semester to plan, so
         doing the Closing Ceremony the 24th will let us spend January planning
         everything we need.

   - Discussion is still going in our Discord server! Please join us at
   http://sgdc.ml/discord and tell us about your jam game or anything in
   general!

I hope everyone has a great holiday season and a Happy New Year! This is
SGDC, signing out for 2016. It has been a great year for the club and I
hope 2017 is even bigger and better!

Best,
Adam Gincel
SGDC President