[SGDC] Meeting Tonight: GJC Results/Feedback, MVPs

Nicholas Ciulla nciulla at stevens.edu
Tue Oct 2 16:09:14 EDT 2018

Hello all!

[[TL;DR: GJC woo! Vote if you haven’t! Results announced tonight!
Feedback/suggestions about the jam. Minimum viable product discussion.]]

First off, thanks so much to everyone who attended and/or participated in
Game Jam C! We were so thrilled o see so much involvement and enthusiasm
for this, and we hope it continues in future jams. If you still have not
voted, the form sent out in our previous email will be open until a little
after 6:00 pm for responses. Now on to business, our meeting tonight will
be back in BC 122 at 9:00 pm.

We’ll be going over some wrap-up of Game Jam C, have some discussion about
your thoughts on how it was run, what we could do better, and things you
think we could change for the next Jam.

We’re also gonna talk a little bit about MVPs! For those who haven’t heard
that term, in the scope of game dev, MVP refers to a minimum viable
product. What that entails is the bare necessities of functionality of a
project. In the case of developing a game, this refers to the essential
foundation of mechanics required for gameplay. We’ll be going over what
creating an MVP means, why it can be a very helpful step to take in the
game dev process, and how it can apply to what things you all work on.

Thanks again to everyone involved in Game Jam C! We look forward to
feedback from you guys so we can keep improving in the future.

See you tonight!
Nick C.

- - -

Stevens Institute of Technology Class of 2020
Electrical Engineering
he/him/his pronouns
Stevens Game Development Club Secretary
732-306-1487 (cell)