[SGDC] Meeting Tonight and Upcoming Plans!

Nicholas Ciulla nciulla at stevens.edu
Tue Oct 9 16:49:09 EDT 2018

Hello everyone!

[[TL;DR: Meeting tonight, BC122 at 9, expansion of Krita lesson: player
animation, tiles, simple backgrounds. Juicing games next week: intro vid
linked below. Where Shadows Slumber dev team on the 23rd.]]

Despite the schedule, we’ll still have a meeting tonight in the usual BC
122 at 9:00 pm. Tonight we’ll have a follow-up Krita tutorial geared at
simple asset creation in two dimensions, focusing on the basics of making a
player character animations, creating tiles, and simple backgrounds. We
will also touch on how the techniques used to create assets in pure 2D can
be applied to a top-down perspective.

This will connect to what we've got planned for the following week, which
will be juicing up your games! If you aren't familiar with the term "juice"
as it refers to game dev, this video <https://youtu.be/Fy0aCDmgnxg> is a
great crash course on what that term means and how it's applied. At that
meeting, we'll be demonstrating easy methods for juicing up your creations
to make them look and feel better to your players.

Finally, on the 23rd, we're excited to announce that we'll have the dev
team of Where Shadows Slumber come in to talk to us about the full process
of development and publishing from start to finish from perspective of an
indie team with real experience going through the entire procedure. More
info will come on that as the date comes closer.

See you tonight,

Nick C.
- - -
Stevens Institute of Technology Class of 2020
Electrical Engineering
he/him/his pronouns
Stevens Game Development Club Secretary
732-306-1487 (cell)