[SGDC] Research Study Opportunity

Franklin Shack fshack at stevens.edu
Mon Oct 26 15:51:12 EDT 2020

Hey all,

We were recently contacted by a professor looking for students interested
in taking part in a study,  see message below.

Hello Starcraft Players,

Do you know how to play Starcraft II and want to do so as part of a
research study? If so, I’m inviting you to participate in an experiment
that will provide you a chance to collaborate with an AI while playing
Starcraft II. We will be running these experiments starting with the week
of October 26.

The experiment will take no more than 60 minutes, and you will be
compensated with a $10 Amazon gift card for your participation.

Participants in the study will play Starcraft II guided by an AI designed
to provide strategy suggestions to players. Participants will install
Starcraft II and an additional software tool to guide players throughout
the experiment. Participants will take pre- and post-experiment
questionnaire and upload their game play data collected during the
experiment on a cloud repository. The experiment will take place on the
participants’ local computer and requires a Windows operating system.

Recommended specs can be found at the end of this email.

If you are interested in participating, please sign up at the following
link: https://pennstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_br75gQbkejSxY2h
<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpennstate.qualtrics.com%2Fjfe%2Fform%2FSV_br75gQbkejSxY2h&data=04%7C01%7Cfshack%40stevens.edu%7C31805e79bdc245a9a6e108d879db0fc3%7C8d1a69ec03b54345ae21dad112f5fb4f%7C0%7C0%7C637393329059856925%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=H0QPdAAqnuPZDgEUAMRqVPboqkFTClaBdrfHJrYW3eM%3D&reserved=0>

If you have any question, you can reach out to Nicolas Soria Zurita at
nicosoria at psu.edu with the subject line “Starcraft Experiment Registration”.

Recommended computer specs:

*Operating System: Windows® 10 64-bit*

*Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 or AMD FX Series Processor or better*

*Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 650 or AMD Radeon™ HD 7790 or better*

*RAM: 4GB*

Thanks!

*A. Emrah Bayrak*
Assistant Professor