[SHPC] UTD Letter Writing

Alecia Hart hartalecia83 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 17:35:53 EDT 2011

Members of SHPC,

My name is Teddy Poppe, I am the Executive Director of Up 'til Dawn here at
Stevens. Every year we host a letter sending fundraiser were teams of people
address envelopes using addresses of families, friends and co-workers. The
UTD E-Board then fills these envelopes with pre-written letters asking for
donations benefiting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. For this event
we would like teams of 4 to 5 people to sign up and participate. The letter
sending event will be held in the Hayden Lounge from 11am to 11pm on *Wednesday
March 20th*. Teams are welcome to come anytime during those hours.

Would you be willing to organize a few teams from your RSO? As many teams as
your club could provide would be GREAT! I would like at least 1 teams per
RSO. I have attached the team registration form. Please fill them out and
either return them to me or Nathalie Wait.  I also attached a "Finding Names
Fast form" to help team members keep track of addresses.

On April 20th there will be a large Thank You party hosted by UTD for anyone
who participates in the letter sending event. Both of these events are GREAT
ways to get community service hours for your house. Please feel free to
contact me with any questions.

If you want myself or another UTD representative to come explain more in
person to yourself or at a meeting please just let me know.

Thanks

Teddy

--
Alecia Hart