[SHPC] Medical Experience Program (MEP) Spring 2012

SHPC MEP meprogram at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 16:43:58 EST 2011

Hello everyone!!

We would like to introduce you to SHPC's Medical Experience program, which
enables students to attain a hands-on medical experience for a semester by
strategically placing them in various hospital departments; students are
able to observe surgeries, shadow doctors, and understand how a hospital
works and what being a doctor is all about. We are accepting applications
for this summer semester!

This Medical Experience Program (MEP) conveniently runs in conjunction with
the Hoboken University Medical Center (HUMC), where you will be matched
with a resident whom you will shadow throughout their clinical rotations.
There are three components of the program that must be maintained upon
acceptance:
1) Commit 2-3 hours/week of volunteering
2) Attend rounds during the week with your matched resident
3) Be present for surgery viewings

We encourage all students currently in their sophomore and junior years
(Chemistry, Chemical Biology, and Biomedical Engineering majors) at Stevens
to apply. Additionally, HUMC requests that all participants have already
attended an orientation for their volunteer services. If you have not yet
attended an orientation, you must attend a mandatory training session on
May 11th at 6pm at the hospital. Details to follow upon acceptance.

We encourage repeat applications from students who have not already
participated in the program.

The deadline for submitting the application to meprogram at gmail.com is no
later than Sunday November 20th. Interviews with select applicants will be
conducted shortly after.

*Please submit (save with your name in the titles):*
1. Application (attached)
2. Resume

If you have any questions, please contact us at shpc at stevens.edu or *
meprogram at gmail.com*.

Good luck!

SHPC E-Board and the ME Program Committeee