[SHRC] Greetings From SHRC!

Marty Burns mburns1350 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 18:54:46 EDT 2012

Hey all!

Welcome to the new academic year! I'm Marty, treasurer of the Stevens Hobby
Robotics Club. Thanks a ton for signing up and we look forward to having
you all as active members of our club! The first thing you should do is go
to our ducksync page <https://orgsync.com/48054/chapter> (
https://orgsync.com/48054/chapter, or search SHRC from the Ducksync
homepage) and join up! We're going to be phasing out this external mailing
list and need you to join our page to be a part of the new list. We'll keep
sending notifications through here for the next few meetings/events but
keep in mind that we're going to stop using it soon.

If you came by our table this year you've already seen last year's project,
Shear Force, and you also know that this was the sole purpose of the club
so far. However, now that we have a (mostly) functional battle bot we want
to branch the club out into several different directions and we want your
input. Our baseline project is going to be small (1-5 lb) combots that we
can easily fund a large number of. We are also on the lookout for what you,
the new members, want to do! We know a lot of you are from FIRST so we'd be
happy to consider a project along those same lines. So do some research,
find something nearby we can take part in and bring it to our frist general
body meeting! This brings us to the next point:

Our first meeting is this *Sunday, 9/16 at 2pm.* We'll be meeting outside
Babbio by the Security Gate and then we'll head to the Griffith Building,
which is where our setup is located. *MAKE SURE TO SHOW UP BY 2:15 IF YOU
DON'T KNOW WHERE GRIFFITH IS. *We may also be heading up to a classroom so
we can more easily discuss the club and any project suggestions you all may
have. Either way, we're meeting outside Babbio first.

If you have any questions, please contact Evan Feil at efeil at stevens.edu or
me at mburns at stevens.edu

Regards,
Marty Burns