[SHRC] 3/20 Meeting Recap

Brian Bazergui bbazergu at stevens.edu
Mon Mar 20 23:24:52 EDT 2017

Hello all!  Hope you all had a great Spring Break!  The first meeting back
was tonight and things happened.

Battlebot:
We have unofficial official news! Teams that have been on Battlebots in the
past seasons have begun building/rebuilding robots! Season 3 has still not
been confirmed however but we're hopeful that its coming.  Maybe a summer
season???
Other than that, Solidworks files of part and things will be made available
to the club via google docs(or something similar).  Work was being done
tonight on making a Bill of Materials, we plan on taking inventory of parts
we have and hopefully get an order out soon of the parts we need.

Quadcopter:
Things are happening.  Its still not flying.  A mini one had been bought
and brought in that IS flying!  Project has been recently stalled by
various connection and data transmission issues.  One of these being that
the motors aren't spinning, better yet no one knows why!  If you have any
ideas as to why the motors might not be spinning, I'm sure the quadcopter
team would be happy to hear it.

Until next week
Brian

--
Brian Bazergui

Computer Engineering Major
Stevens Hobby Robotics Club, Secretary
IEEE - Stevens Branch
Alpha Phi Omega - Theta Alpha Chapter, Alumni Secretary