[Themaintainers] 2018 R-CADE Symposium

Grant Wythoff grant.wythoff at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 16:37:01 EDT 2017

Hi everyone-

I thought folks on the list would be interested in this year’s R-CADE
Symposium. Each year the Rutgers-Camden Digital Studies Center offers money
to panels so they can purchase hardware and software to do hands-on
research with digital technology. This year’s theme is “technique” and
includes questions of maintenance and repair. Details below!

-Grant

* * * * * * * * * * *

The Rutgers-Camden Digital Studies Center welcomes panel proposals for the
2018 R-CADE Symposium, April 20, 2018. The Rutgers-Camden Archive of
Digital Ephemera (R-CADE) provides scholars and artists the opportunity to
do hands-on work with digital ephemera.

Panels are provided with funds (up to $1,000) to purchase hardware,
software, or any other resources necessary to complete research or creative
activity.

*2018 TOPIC: TECHNIQUE*

Grant Wythoff, the 2018 R-CADE Curator and Keynote Speaker, invites panel
proposals that take up the idea of technique. While many of us increasingly
use the same devices, designed and manufactured by the same companies, we
all have distinctly unique routines or rituals when it comes to using them.
How do we analyze, write about, or celebrate the performance of an
individual user? What do these techniques reveal about the values of a
digital culture, or its beliefs about how complex technologies actually
work?

*Panel proposals are due November 10, 2017*

http://rcade.camden.rutgers.edu/2018symposium.html

Please direct any questions to: grant.wythoff at gmail.com

--
Grant Wythoff