[Themaintainers] For potential post-docs interesting in maintaining software/data

Ruth Kitchin Tillman ruthtillman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 10:17:57 EST 2017

Dear group,

Penn State University Libraries are hosting a CLIR post-doc for a 2-year
fellowship for software curation. It struck me that this may be of interest
to people on the list or faculty may know of students with interests in the
subject.

We're looking for someone whose research somehow related to the stewardship
of our planet's resources (though somewhat flexibly), particularly climate
science/climate change. But rather than preserving or duplicating existing
data, we're looking for someone to research and experiment on the
longer-term challenges of preserving the software and code used to create
and analyze the data to make it usable in the future. It seemed relevant to
Maintainers as it's less concerned with developing new tools/data methods
and more with preserving and understanding what's happening now or what's
happened in the past.

Posting:
https://www.clir.org/fellowships/postdoc/applicants/pennsylvania-state-university/
Applicant info/application page:
https://www.clir.org/fellowships/postdoc/applicants/

Candidates will need to apply through CLIR and then a subset through the
PSU job site. The position is Assistant Librarian (faculty, non
tenure-track) and $70,000 annually plus benefits, vacation.

The position closes 12/29, although we understand from CLIR it may be kept
open through at least the beginning of January because of the holiday--not
that one should count on that, but an application might still be worthwhile
if one's missed the deadline.

As a member of the search committee, I'm happy to answer questions at this
email or rkt6 at psu.edu.

Best,
Ruth Kitchin Tillman