[Themaintainers] Public Scholars Program of the New Jersey Council for the Humanities

Lee Vinsel lee.vinsel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 11:26:17 EST 2017

Hello, Maintainers.

Here's another opportunity—this one from Briann Greenfield, the Executive
Director of the New Jersey Council of the Humanities. The NJCH is quite
interested in The Maintainers network and would love to have proposals from
people working in this space.

I have pasted some information below about the NJCH's Public Scholar, and
here is a link to the full call:  http://njch.org/publicscholars/.

Very best,

Lee

Calling All Public Scholars! Be an ambassador for the humanities.

For almost 20 years, the New Jersey Council for the Humanities has provided
speakers to organizations around the state who wish to engage their
communities around a wide variety of humanities topics. As we continue to
develop the most effective ways to serve the needs of New Jersey’s diverse
and vibrant communities, we are looking to engage public humanities
scholars to create high-quality, humanities-based programs for a variety of
audiences.

We envision an expanded catalog of programs that are available to
organizations around the state.
We seek proposals that offer new program formats and humanities topics that
reach a wide variety of people, encourage participation and discussion, and
bring people of different perspectives and backgrounds together.

We think of NJCH public scholars as our humanities ambassadors—those who
see great value in the humanities to encourage thinking and grappling with
ideas for all people and a willingness to be an active participant in
making that happen around New Jersey.
*Download the Full Request for Proposals Here
<http://njch.org/publicscholars/rfp.pdf>*
*Public scholar applications are due by March 15, 2017. NJCH will respond
to all applicants by May 15, 2017.*

--
Assistant Professor and Director,
Program on Science and Technology Studies