[Themaintainers] urban park maintenance work

Atul Pokharel atulpokh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 20:11:10 EDT 2017

Hi Christoph,
 I second Lara's questions. From what you have indicated so far, your
case might have wider relevance to the urban planning community for
two reasons. First, there is little work on maintenance of the urban
form in general,  Second, there is even less work looking at the
"street level" - that is, focused on those who directly do the tasks
of maintenance (the gardeners in your case). I can think of some
parallels in different areas - forests in West Bengal, urban water
delivery systems in Ghana, "commons"  in different parts of the world
(usually in relation to natural resources).

 Of the American planning journals, the Journal of the American
Planning Association reaches a wide audience and your case could
possible be a shorter research note there. The other one I would look
at would be the journal Urban Studies.

thanks,
-atul

-----
Assistant Professor of Urban Planning and Public Service
NYU-Wagner