[Themaintainers] Infrastructure Week, May 15-19 #timetomaintain

Andrew Russell arussell at arussell.org
Sat May 13 15:03:39 EDT 2017

Hi everyone -

With infrastructure week upon us from May 15-19, now seems as good a time as any to stir the pot, rouse the rabble, etc etc around themes if infrastructure and maintenance.  Jessica Meyerson and Amelia Acker, both at UT-Austin, took the lead in pulling together the campaign outlined below.  Please join in and spread the word among your networks of friends, colleagues, and fellow travelers!

Cheers,

Andy

Greetings Preservationists and Maintainers -

Infrastructure Week is coming up May 15th-May 19th and while the official hashtag is #timetobuild, we thought it might be a great opportunity to raise awareness for the maintenance of our information & preservation infrastructures.

Join in all next week - May 15th-19th - and spread the word so others can join us in encouraging our colleagues to answer these questions:
What does infrastructure mean/look like to you? What are the components of information infrastructure? What does maintenance look like for our preservation and information infrastructures?

Please use the hash tags #timetobuild AND #timetomaintain so that all of our tweets show up in the #timetobuild feed!

Of course, you can also use #maintainers +/or tag @The_Maintainers.