[Themaintainers] Preprint: Making Maintainers

Andrew Russell arussell at arussell.org
Thu Nov 16 21:27:35 EST 2017

Hi maintainers -

I’m writing to share a preprint of an essay that Lee & I wrote for a forthcoming collection edited by Matt Wisnioski, Eric Hints, and Marie Kleine, titled _The Innovator Imperative_.  It’s due out in Spring 2019.  The essay is titled “Making Maintainers: Engineering Education and an Ethics of Care.” Several of you will recognize places where your work and conversations have taught & inspired us - thank you :)

This essay also is related to another project in its early stages, which brings the concepts of maintenance and care ethics into conversation with scholarship and practice ininformation preservation and digital heritage.  Lee and I are working with Jessica Meyerson and a wonderful group of info infra and digital archives/preservation people - with luck we’ll have some updates/progress to report soon…

Cheers,

Andy

PS please keep sharing your new publications, conference CFPs, etc as they come up!