[Themaintainers] Legal Battle Over Crumbling Sidewalks Unfolds In Atlanta : NPR

Andrew Meade McGee amm5ae at virginia.edu
Tue Aug 14 20:34:32 EDT 2018

 Thanks for sharing this. Sidewalks are the sort of mundane-but-necessary,
ever-underfoot infrastructure that embody many of the dilemmas of
maintaining the "public commons" in a complex modern society.

In Pittsburgh we have the added wrinkle of municipality-maintained
staircases:

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/12/563606283/the-crumbling-stairs-of-pittsburgh

Best,
Andrew