[Themaintainers] The Cleaners

Camille E. Acey connect at camilleacey.com
Wed Sep 26 09:26:19 EDT 2018

Does anyone know if The Cleaners is available to view in the US?

Camille E. Acey
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare." - Audre Lorde
-------- Original message --------From: misha rabinovich <mishawagon at gmail.com> Date: 9/26/18  9:05 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: p.y.georgiadou at utwente.nl Cc: themaintainers at lists.stevens.edu Subject: Re: [Themaintainers] The Cleaners
Hello Folks,
There is an artist team Eva and Eva Mattes who have a series of artworks & installations about the dark content moderators on YouTube. These are in the forms of installation and even a short video trailer (if you scroll down) where they use the actual words of the moderators but anonymize the voice & visuals. Anyway I'm not necessarily an advocate of their projects in general but this installation is quite interesting and topical to this thread. http://0100101110101101.org/dark-content/
Thanks,Misha__
Misha RabinovichAssistant Professor of Interactive MediaUniversity of Massachusetts LowellArt & Design Department Mahoney Hall  870 Broadway St., Suite 1, Office 216BLowell, MA 01854-3088 p: (978) 934 - 5792misharabinovich.com
On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 12:26 AM <p.y.georgiadou at utwente.nl> wrote:

Dear
Jérôme
Thank you for the link to The Moderators. Indeed, much more telling with regard to working conditions and conveniently
 short  for discussing with students. I wonder whether the protocols of inappropriate content categories are available somewhere, or are kept completely under wraps. Or are the protocols themselves inappropriate content?!
Regards
Yola