[Themaintainers] The Cleaners

Lee Vinsel lee.vinsel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 09:42:15 EDT 2018

Hey, everyone.

Sorry if someone already posted this and I missed it.

I think it may have been Sarah T. Roberts who coined the term Commercial
Content Moderation, and we had a good discussion of this essay of hers in
my Maintainers grad seminar last semester:
https://ir.lib.uwo.ca/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1012&context=commpub

Tarleton Gillespie also has a new book out on the topic. Several people
have told me it is excellent, approachable, and useful for undergrad
courses.
https://yalebooks.yale.edu/book/9780300173130/custodians-internet

Not sure about your question re: availability, Camille.

Best to all,

Lee