[Themaintainers] Introductions: Don from GitHub

Paul Hinze phinze at phinze.com
Sat Apr 13 12:11:36 EDT 2019

Hello fellow Software Maintainers! I love this thread and was inspired to chime in!

I’ve been lurking on this list for a year or so now. I am interested in the intersection of infrastructure, software, open source, and late-stage capitalism. Coming from a background running high stakes and high scale systems, I’m particularly energized by the work happening in Human Factors and Resilience Engineering being spearheaded by folks like John Allspaw as well as the work Charity Majors is doing on observability and failure.

I get to mix it up with all of these ideas in my job at HashiCorp, a company that makes several open source cloud infrastructure tools and commercializes an enterprise counterpart for each one. I’ve spent the majority of my 4+ years there working on Terraform, a multi-cloud provisioning tool. I’m currently in engineering leadership mostly consumed by the project of scaling an organization, but I’m still very keen to participate in the discourse around the topics of this list.

So here’s a big wave and smile from Chicago! :)

Paul / phinze